Can I still walk my dog during coronavirus lockdown?!
The answer is 'Yes'! It’s important for your dog (and you) to keep getting exercise, even in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. Stay safe by following these rules.
How to do walkies responsibly:
- Don’t walk in a social group! Take this opportunity to spend some quality alone time with just you & your pupper.
- Plan a quiet route avoiding places that get too popular or crowded. We don’t want another Bondi Beach situation..
- Keep a safe distance of 1.5m away from other people. When passing others on a narrow footpath, move onto the grass to maintain your space (smiling affably, so they’re not totally offended 😅)
- Don’t stand around for a chitchat!
- Practice good hand hygiene. Avoid touching public surfaces and your face. Make sure you wash your hands as soon as you get home!
- At present in Aus there are no restrictions on the number of times per day we can go outside for exercise, but in this ever changing whirlwind - listen out for official updates!
IMPORTANT: if you’re sick or in self-isolation you CAN’T take your dog out! ☹️ See if your dog can stay with someone else who can walk them; book a dog-sitter or walker who provides contactless pick-up/drop offs (the pawsome team at Mad Paws can help); provide as much play and mental stimulation as possible to keep your pup entertained indoors. And don’t forget, Pipco Pee Pads can help if you need an indoor potty solution!